- 1/2 cup butter (a whole stick) softened
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 shots of Bourbon
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 2 cups of chocolate chips, though adjust this according to your tastes
Preheat oven to 350
Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside
Cream the sugar, peanut butter and butter in a mixer for 2 to 4 minutes. Then add the eggs one at a time until just combined. Add vanilla, honey and Bourbon and mix for 15 more seconds.
Slowly add the bowl of dry ingredients until they are well incorporated, then mix in the chocolate chips.
Mix dough into balls about the size of golf balls and put on well-greased cookie sheet. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Cool on tray. Enjoy!
Obviously, if you’re in AA or don’t have a taste for Bourbon (is that possible?) you can omit the shot. I would suggest adding a bit more vanilla extract, if you go down that route.